Friday, July 29, 2011

The Best Part was the Astroid: My Thoughts on Gokaiger Episode 22

Wow, in my opinion, this was the weakest episode yet.

In fact, it was so weak that I'm not going to be posting screencaps (also, I'm feeling a little lazy this week).

I would have loved to see a flashback with Joe and Sid, or at least have something with Barizorg. That way the audience could know why Joe was so invested in helping the kid.

Also, the episode had a Sakamoto-splosion, or Bay-Splosion.

The out of suit fight scenes were another strong part.

My favorite part is when Gokaioh hurls Gai's mecha at the astroid and destroys it. That was cool! And then it produces a beautiful meteor shower.

And I was right about the accidental transformation!


Next week, it's the mandatory Girl Power episode. These episodes are always my favorite. And we get to see Matsuri/Go-Pink. And Basco, and a bunch of extra Ranger keys.


Meowr! 

Looks like Luka and Ahim might have a cat fight. Ahim cares a little bit more about life on Earth than Luka. This episode is the first time that Luka is instrumental in unlocking a power (Ahim will help too, but she's been instrumental twice)


And for some reason Joe and Doc are helping what looks like a Drag Queen or a transwoman with her make-up. I don't know what it has to do with Navi's prediction, but they are helping someone. Also, Joe looks good in mascara.

No comments:

Post a Comment